There are many students who are academically sound with excellent grades but due to their disadvantaged background, they can’t pursue their Master’s degree. Well, if this is your situation or similar, you are invited to apply for this Online Master’s degree scholarship offered by the University of Manchester.
The University of Manchester which is a public research university located in Manchester, England was established in 2004 when two institutions were merged together – Victoria University of Manchester and the University of Manchester institute of science and technology.
This scholarship will allow graduate students with relevant academic certificates to study and earn a Master’s in Public Health. Professionals with excellent academic records from Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda are eligible to apply for this scholarship because it is primarily tailored for them.
The institution is offering internet courses to those who want to students who want to purse an online Master’s degree in Public Health. Internet courses also known as e-learning is a distance learning program which allows one to learn at their own pace and earn at the same time as they work. With online learning, there is flexibility of time.
This scholarship will be awarded to those who are willing to make a difference in their community via community service and other volunteer projects.
A computer system with good internet connection will be required to commence study as this is an internet course for online master’s degree.
The Scholarship application will commence October 1, 2017.
Applicants who made it to the finalist will be awarded this scholarship which covers full fees and tuition, course materials, and much more. On completion of this course, one is awarded with a UK qualification certificate.
Selection Criteria/ Eligibility
Men and women who are qualified for this scholarship are encouraged to apply. Before he/she applies for this scholarship, they following will be required of them:
- Applicant must possess an upper second or first class undergraduate degree (the equivalent is acceptable).
- Minimum of two years post-graduation work experience that is relevant. (Internships and volunteer works will not be considered).
- Have not studied outside Africa before
- Applicant must either be a national or resident of Rwanda, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Show the willingness and potential to make a positive impact in their home country or community.
- Good level of computer literacy is required –web surfing, emails, word processing, and much more.
- Interested applicants must meet the minimum English requirements. – IELTS with minimum score of 6.5, or IBT TOEFL with minimum score of 90, Tanzania Certificate of Secondary Education (CSE) with a grade C in English, Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least, grade 4 in English.
Certificate of proficiency in English from any local university will not be considered.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com