The Government of the Republic of Czech in collaboration with The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is offering scholarship opportunities to students from developing countries who wish to earn Bachelors or Master’s degree.
In a bid to develop friendship among international people globally, and to enhance human resource capacities in developing countries, the Government of the Republic of Czech in conjunction with UNESCO is offering 3 scholarships for undergraduate studies and post-graduate studies for the academic year starting 2018/2019.
Nationals of Czech Republic and foreigners with permanent resident permits to live in Czech Republic are not qualified to apply for this student grant as they will not be awarded the scholarship. This studies will be taught in Czech language, hence successful applicants will be required to take a preparatory course and special language class before commencing their studies. Charles University located in Prague will be in charge of the language course. The Czech language course will be taken at the Charles University, Prague.
This grant for school which has its application deadline set on 30th September 2017 will be taken at Czech Republic.
Eligible Field of Study
Students who wish to study the following courses will be considered more for this student grant award.
- Natural Resources & Environment
- Water & Landscape Management
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Environmental Engineering & Technology
Students who are nationals from Zimbabwe or Iraq are eligible to apply and receive this grant for school.
All applications will be rejected after 30th September 2017. So be sure to submit your application for this scholarship by 30th September 2017 (Midnight Paris Time).
This scholarship will be taken at the Czech Republic.
Type: This joint fellowship is primarily designed for Master’s and Bachelor’s degree program.
Number of Available Scholarships
The number of available scholarship is not specified by the scholarship providers.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates applying for this joint fellowship funds will be selected on a competitive basis as follows:
- High priority will be given to students who are vying to study any of the courses listed above.
- All applicants must ensure they meet the required academic qualifications.
- There is no possibility of changing course or field of study when being awarded with a scholarship by this joint fellowship.
- English or/and French is the language requirement for this scholarship award.
This scholarship will cover successful applicant for 3 to 6 years.
The Government of Czech republic will offer the following to successful applicants of this student grant:
- Students will be given access to meals in the dining halls (With the Monthly allowance given).
- Free tuition and fees.
- Students will be given a monthly allowance worth 14,000 Czech Crowns equivalent to 565 Euros. If the allowance is not enough for upkeep throughout the month, student are allowed to source for funds from other scholarship firms or private organizations to complement it)
- Reduced accommodation fees at the students dormitory (With the monthly allowance)
- Urban transportation discounts
- Medical cares are covered by the Czech’s Ministry of Health.
UNESCO will cover the following expenses:
- International travel expenses before their departure for the Czech Republic.
- One-time living allowance of US$200 for miscellaneous expenditures.
How to Apply
Fill the form in English and submit to http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf/unesco. After filling and submitting the form, submit a personal essay and finally take a test.